It’s time for another edition of Friday Dance Party on Acorns On Glen. It’s the time where we give thanks for making it through another week and for being alive and present here on Earth. How do we celebrate another week of living? We dance. So, are you alive this Friday? Are you and your family safe and sound? Take a few seconds now to be in the moment and realize what a great life you truly have. Did you give thanks for that?
Good, now let’s dance.
So it is now officially Summer and, to properly bring the new season in, temperatures have soared to 100 degrees. Needless to say, we have not gone out of the office or house much other than to get the mail or get into one of our air-conditioned cars. 100 degrees is just way too hot!! Every year, the promise of Summer always makes me think of the same few things. So from the official start of Summer that occurred on June 20, to the official end of Summer on September 21, here’s what I’ll be concentrating on:
- Vacation plans – I mean, it is a shame not to go someplace and enjoy the warm Summer weather.
- How white my legs are – like Foster Farms chicken pieces laid beneath clear plastic wrap in the grocery store, my legs are that same yellowish-white color. It is embarrassing. Why is it that I only notice them well into official shorts weather?
- Sunglasses – I don’t really wear sunglasses at all, except in Summer. So the new season always puts me into a panic until I have located my stash of prescription and non-prescription sunglasses. I’m always scared that I have lost them.
- Hamburgers and hot dogs – both of these foods become my favorite when Summer hits. Nothing like them hot off the grill.
- Garden hoses and nozzles – Summer means plant watering and so it is time to drag all our watering equipment out of the shed and install them into spigots in the front and back of the house.
- Weight – how I wish I would have stuck to my beginning-of-year diet so that I would be all thin and buff this year when I remove my shirt and jump into the swimming pool.
I also think a lot about what Summer music I will be listening to in the car or around the pool and which of these songs will be the favorite hit of the Summer. I already know my first Summer song choice for 2012. It’s from ‘We Are The In Crowd”. They are an American pop punk band from Poughkeepsie, New York, formed in 2009. If you are like me, you are saying what is pop punk? Pop punk is a music genre that combines elements of punk rock with pop music, to varying degrees. The genre is a strand of alternative rock, which typically merges pop melodies with speedy punk tempos, chord changes and loud guitars. Think Green Day. Whatever it is, I’m a fan with ‘Kiss Me Again’. It’s Summertime!! Not only have we made it through another week, we’ve made it through another season. Be happy and celebrate with some pop punk and, if you are really talented, bust out all of your old punk rock moves and astound your family and friends. In other words, have fun dancing while you watch the horror on other people’s faces who are watching your hot dance moves. Just don’t get too over-heated…remember, it’s 100 degrees outside.